After clearing up the basement earlier in the month and finding a whole set of unloved old GW figs, I decided to try out some a new techniques and product on a few old chaos warriors I got many years ago. I had 4 which came painted when I bough the figs second hand, and so wanted the remaining 8 to match the new figs to the old so they could be a single unit. Overall this army will be good to practice with and in the end will still be to a good table standard – I hope.
The figs themselves painted up quicker than I expected. I tried using a ‘dead flat’ varnish as a finish. Overall the paint job for the figs is reasonable but I’m not that happy with the varnish result. It spoils some of the detail in the figs and paint job I did which is a bad thing IMO. It sort of makes them look a little out of focus even in real life. 😦
So that’s another varnish to avoid. I can see why people end up not varnishing figs…
Here is a pics of the end results – 4 basic warriors: