I have wanted to try the Jugula game from Studio Tomahawk since it’s release, but a I have a personal rule about not playing games with unpainted figs. It’s one of those rules that keeps me painting – even if I’m not an expert or highly talented painter. So onto the lead pile went some Crusader gladiators when this game came out. Well over the Christmas break I started on these and can now show the first of them. A few more of them and I’ll be able to host a game and write up a review.The first set are focus on a blue theme – using that as the main colour for the fabric’s etc. That should help identify them on the table if nothing else. I also have tried different flesh techniques on these as no two people (or gladiators) have the same skin colours. So it’s a bit of a trial and error at times with my painting and some work better than others but it all is good experience I guess. You’ll hopefully also notice I decided to try using a back drop for the pictures. I took the idea from several pictures from various blogs I’ve been looking at over the Christmas, especially from a couple of readers of this blog. I do think it helps my stuff – it certainly looks great on others blogs. I also have tried really hard to get better lighting for the pictures as well.
Definitely more to come on this project in the next few weeks. Note, I’m trying to be better at not doing really large posts with loads of photo’s this year. So you may see a few more but smaller posts as I complete things and play games.