Just a quick post to show the work that I did over the last week on these. I have been storing the groups terrain while our regular store is taken over by new owners. One of the things which has annoyed me in the past has been the damage that our hills have taken over their years of existence. The sand & PVA cover seems to have held up well but the edges were showing the pink of the foam. Those tend to get bashed in storage and play which is understandable really.
I did not see the point in trying to do something too complex with them though, but wanted to get rid of pink showing through. So I took the time to do some ‘repair paint jobs’ on them. Below is most of the hills after some TLC. I don’t have original colours or materials that were used. I used a darker green as you can see below but I think it works fine as you can see below. It’s certainly better than pink which is a no brainer.