Finishing up of a few projects

So for the first post in 2018 I’ll show some of the little projects which I finished up to close out the last year. All these would really not justify a post on their own (well they could but it would be pushing it) so I thought I would combine them. Most of these are left over items which have been hanging around on my painting desk. So I thought I would try to get them closed and shown here.

First we have some Russian SYW 6mm guns. These are left over from my SYW project and in theory could be any nations artillery. The Russians just have loads of them and thus they weren’t actually used for the game I have played with Maurice generated forces. Still nice to have these done now.img_4231The basing is the same as most of my 6mm forces so they will work as generic art. The Russian force was mostly created as a loaner for opponents so I played painted forces. img_4230Next we have some 6mm ancient camps. I have been planning to do these for a long time and in some ways they got delayed by me finding some 6mm buildings and doing those this year. img_4239These are the generic Baccus Dark age civilians painted up. I made the tents with cardboard. My thought is that for Picts, Saxons or other Dark age forces based in Britain these should be good. The tents are not ordered or even the same so  that fits well with that type of forces at the time. I did a couple of different types of tent as well so that they look different.img_4238These should cover all the camps I need in games with my 6mm forces. I put more terrain – bushes etc on these bases than the standard troop ones. That makes them a little different than the normal troop bases but gives them some extra interest.img_4237After that, there is a 15mm  artillery piece for my DBA War of the roses army. The ‘new’ v3 force has one of these as an option and the force I have did not have one. So to made one – using figures that I got cheap from the Hothead Bring and buy stand last year. img_4236The basing again matches the rest of the army. I quite like the little scene of the figures which these make. It’s a cool little conversation diorama vs. a typical crew in action look.img_4235I must admit the cannon does not look very mobile which is typical of guns for the period. It’s a big monster and not sure if anything like that would have moved at all. If so it would have been with a lot of effort.img_4234Lastly, a couple of deadball figs and a cactus from the wild west stuff I have done. These again are random figures which were lying around the painting desk which I finished to clear them.img_4233In theory I still have to base the Deadball figs on their typical bases but they are done and varnished which is good enough for being displayed here. I like the green guys face – one of the nicest models I have seen from Mantic to be honest. He may in the end become a superhero vs. a deadfall player…img_4232So there we are. A few things which were lying around all done and clearing things for the New Year – although I am getting not a lot of time for painting so far this year.

Advertisements

About mellis1644

A painter and gamer who has no illusions about being the best painter but likes to play with decently painted toys and have fun gaming
This entry was posted in 15mm, 18th Cent, 28mm, 6mm, Ancients, dreadball, Terrain. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Finishing up of a few projects

  1. FMB says:

    I quite like those camps.

  2. Those camps look cozy. I really love all of these scenes, lots of personality in these!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s